Thursday, March 26, 2009

Remembering the Delights of my Childhood…

Today, I was randomly talking about the Badlands of South Dakota with a friend, and as soon as she said the word, “badlands”, a song lyric from a time long passed popped into my head.

From the badlands came the killer/ lived by the knife and the gun…

The first line of my very favorite song when I was a child.  I could almost remember the whole thing as I tried to sing it to her, but parts were missing, so I looked it up on YouTube.

I went to the Jim Stafford theatre in Branson, MO when I was little, and I loved it.  My dad bought me a cassette at intermission.  I listened to that tape a million times.  It’s probably the one album I’ve listened to the most in my life.  It eventually was passed down to my little brother and sister and they listened to it as much as I did.  I don’t know what eventually became of the cassette, but we sometimes sing the songs in the car on family vacations. 

As a bonus:

When I was looking up Cow Patti on YouTube, I found this clip I saw once on a TV show about news bloopers.  It stuck with me, and I immediately recognized the title, Black and Gus.  It has been the cause of much laughter in my family.

And with that, I must bid you a fine farewell for I am off to bed. 

No comments: