Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Flawed Logic: An Integral Part of Running

 

5 miles. 1:18:28.

Tonight is my Friday. I had a hard time getting out for my run today. I was tired. I am tired. I’m ready for my weekend. When I finally got my gear on and headed out the door. I still didn’t feel like running. After the first mile out, I still didn’t feel like running. I got back to my house after the second mile (I did an out-and-back first one way, then the other.), I almost threw in the towel and headed to the showers.

That’s when I thought, “I’ve already run 2, I might as well run 3 more.”

In my head, that made perfect sense. And I did finish my five miles for the day, but I thought about it later and realized that in no world did that logic make any sense whatsoever. It still did the trick.

Running is absolutely 100 percent head games. That and a pinch of flawed logic.

No comments: