Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Cows were my running partners.

5 miles. 1:11:52.

I kid you not. This herd of cows really wanted to run with me today. They followed me as I ran along their pasture. Mostly, I think they wanted me to feed them. Cows really aren’t that bright.

photo 1_3

photo 4_2

Later, I found a dead bird and I looked at it. I would have poked it with a stick, but I didn’t have a stick, so I took a picture instead.

photo 2_3

Lisa smelled it, determined that it wasn’t good for eating, and left it be.

photo 3_3

Scruffy just wanted us to stop taking pictures and keep running, so that’s what we did.

photo 5

I made the mistake of eating a huge dinner before I went for running. I was going to go for a run earlier in the day, but then I fell asleep, and then my parents made a delicious dinner of fish and potatoes and wilted lettuce fresh from the garden. I ate waay too much. Let’s just say… I stopped for picture taking because the tummy was stuffed and did not want me to be running.

The bottom line is that I finished. I got to mark and x through my calendar and continue to feel good about myself. That’s the important part.

No comments: