Wednesday, August 27, 2008

...this post does not warrant a title...

I've forgotten how to be emo. God, I feel so fucking emo right now. All day actually. And for no apparent reason. I had class this morning, and it was good (a bit boring, but good). Then I had lunch with a friend, and we headed back to campus to do a little bit of work in the office (I'm not sure what she was doing, but I had some copying to do). I got caught in the main office teaching a professor how to use Google image search to get pictures big enough to use for her powerpoint presentation, and then as I got into my office, a different professor cornered me about the work I'm doing for him on the upcoming conference the department is hosting. That ended up with a mini-field trip across campus, and then a bigger field trip across town to the hotel where the conference will be held. The lady even gave us freshly baked cookies before we left, and I still couldn't shake the emo feelings in my head.

As the evening turned to night, emo did a damn good job of turning into full blown feelings of wanting to be anywhere but here. Ugh. Anywhere but alive. Now I just feel alone.

Amanda Palmer's new video is doing nothing for my mood, and quite possibly is driving me further and further into my craziness, even though her boots are fucking hott.



You see what I mean? Not good for my psyche. I'm not sure if that means what I want it to, but it will have to do for now.

I don't understand why I'm feeling this today; I want it to leave. At one point, I felt like this all the time. Everyday. I got used to being happy, and staying out of the mire that my mind likes to trap me in when I get slightly depressed at all, but I couldn't dig myself out today.

My bed is calling me. Hopefully, I'll fall asleep and be on the happier side of things tomorrow. But who fucking knows? Maybe tomorrow I'll have a reason to be emo. Life happens.

No comments: