Sunday, September 14, 2008

Amanda Palmer & Tegan and Sarah



Okay... so... Amanda's new blog post is cool, right? Full of pictures and writing and all the things that make blog entries cool. But this picture totally cracks me up because according to Amanda they are supposed to look like a bunch of 1950s degenerates, even down to the switchblade comb she's holding. I don't think Tegan or Sarah got the message. They look entirely too happy to belong to any kind of 50s gang. But then the only 50s gangs I know about are from S.E. Hinton novels (you know, The Outsiders...). I went through an S.E. Hinton phase in high school. Did you know that The Outsiders is in the American Library Association's Top 100 most frequently challenged books? Censorship pisses me off. But, I digress... that's a topic for a different day. Also off-topic, but did you know that Hinton is, first of all, a chick (I was amazed to find that out in high school. I had read like 3 of her books before I found out. It's weird. She writes from such a dude's perspective) and, second of all, she wrote The Outsiders when she was only 15? Can you believe that? I had no idea.



Anyway... I think I made my point. Point: 50s gang members were not happy.

P.S. I don't think I have ever seen Tegan or Sarah before now. That's so weird. I had no idea what they looked like.

Edit: Why the hell does blogger think I want it to resize my images to 400 pixel width? It's so fucking annoying. I don't understand it. It would be different if it would, I don't know, actually Resize it, but no... It just cuts the side off and then the picture looks stupid. Hate you GOOGLE!

No comments: