Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sometimes I wonder how the story ends.*

Doesn't everyone? It doesn't matter what story; it could be any story. Please tell me how it ends.

Maybe that's why I enjoy reading, but hate stories that have an open ending. I realize that in life there aren't any true endings. Everything keeps going ever onward. I suppose there is never really an end to anything. Only beginnings. Continuations.


That could be why I am always searching for an end. I want to have the stories wrapped up and tied in a neat little bow. When the story doesn't end, I agonize over what might have happened. I can't let it go. It's ridiculous.


How do I learn the ending, if there is no ending?

 

*I tried to post this 2 days ago, but I forgot the new “send to blogger” email I gave myself. 

No comments: