Sunday, January 2, 2011

It was a cold day on the ranch, but…

I saw an eagle while I was out riding.  I wish I would have had a proper camera, but alas, I had to make due with my cell phone camera.  I love seeing Bald Eagles.  They possess a certain quality that among other things makes me feel proud to be an American.  However, I imagine that has more to do with the thorough brainwashing I received as a child, rather than anything having to do with the creature.  But I must admit, it is a sight to see stand at the foot of a tree atop a horse while a big, beautiful eagle looks down upon you.  Aloof and daring all in the same bundle of feathers. 

010201_1627[00]

We didn’t stick around for long, but I did snap these pictures of him while he sunned himself up in the top of the tree. 

010201_1627[01]

Make sure you click on the pictures to make them bigger.  He looks like nothing more than a dot in the blog-sized pictures.  I would have cropped them.  I even attempted to crop and doctor them up to make them nicer, but the sad pixelated version of the eagle wasn’t as nice as this version.  I imagine that he prefers it this way too. 

No comments: