Tuesday, September 8, 2009

6 years ago…

Six years ago, I graduated from high school.  At the end of my senior year of FFA, my advisor awarded me with the “Outstanding FFA Member” award.  I was supposed to get a plaque engraved with my name on it, and my advisor assured me that he would have it engraved and get it to me ASAP. 

Somewhere along the line, I completely forgot about the award and the plaque.  Six years is a long time, and it slipped out of my mind.  A couple of months ago, my FFA advisor passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.  He was a good guy, and I’m thankful that I got to work with him all those years ago. 

I had lost touch with him, but he never forgot me.  Yesterday, my mom brought me a plaque that says “Outstanding FFA Member Award” and it is engraved with my name.  According to the High School principal, my advisor’s biggest goal for the summer was to get those plaques engraved.  Maybe it was because he knew something was going to happen to him… maybe he just realized that 6 years was quite a long “as soon as possible.”

090809_2306[00]

Like they always say, it’s better late than never.  I was really happy to finally get my plaque.  Even if it was 6 years late. 

No comments: