Thursday, September 3, 2009

30 days (10)

I spent my day off working.  Since they got three new horses at the ranch, and they have 30 days to decide whether or not they want to keep them, I’ve been busy riding horses.  I rode for 6 hours today.  Tomorrow, I’ll go out after I get finished at the clinic, and I’m supposed to ride a lot this weekend, too.  I don’t mind.  So far, all the pretty horses are also well mannered and fun to ride.  Hopefully, they work out, because they are in need of good riding horses.  They’ve lost three horses for various reasons in the last month alone.  Before the new kids on he block, they were down to one riding mule. 

090309_1631[00]

These are my three charges.  The one in the front drinking from the red bucket is Lucille.  I call her Lucy for short.  The one in the next pen is Pawnee, and the one in the very back is Chief.  That would be my saddle sitting in the floor on the left. 

Tomorrow, I ride Pawnee.  Hopefully, he turns out to be as nice as the other two. 

Love and horses…

No comments: