Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How does your garden grow?

Very well, actually.  Thank you for asking.  Oh really, you’d love to see my flowers.  Imagine, I had just been sitting here at my desk admiring them myself.  I do enjoy having a bit of Mother Nature right inside my bunker of an office/bedroom/locker.  Here, I’ll take you on a quick tour.  I’m sure I’ve shown you before, but I’m glad you are interested to see how they are doing. 

These are my little terrarium babies who live on my desk.  They are about an inch from my computer screen and are the most easily accessible plants for me to see while I’m doing my everyday computer stuff.  You know… blogging, writing, internetting.  That sort of thing.  I don’t even have to move my head at all to see enjoy them.

IMG_1125

These plants live about two feet directly above my computer.  They are a bit more difficult to see from my office chair, but are easily as fun for me to admire as the terrariums.  What you don’t know is that the plant on the far right with the purple leaves has beautiful blue flowers right now, the one next two it has purple flowers, and the one on the far right is just finishing up it’s latest blooming cycle of pink and white flowers.  They do go crazy up there.  The other two plants you can see, I grew from cuttings stealthily snitched from plants in public spaces.  I do enjoy a little renegade gardening every here and again. 

IMG_1126

If I turn my head 30 degrees to the left my other trove of plants live on top of the bookshelf behind the television.  (I know.  You wouldn’t imagine all the places plants like to live.  As long as they have lights on a timer and water, they are happy to grow in a closet.) 

The one hiding behind the telly has pretty pink flowers, but I had to pick them all off and toss them today since they’d finally dried up.  The tall one in the back is mostly foliage.  It’s a collection I got on sale or something and it’s about tripled in size since I got it.  Come spring, it may go outside and stay out to free up some room in the bunker for more flowers.  And last but not least, the noble orchid sits in the front.  I’ve only gotten one flower cycle out of it, but I’m ever so patiently waiting for the shoots to come out to grow into pretty yellowish flowers. 

IMG_1127

Now, don’t go telling me you can’t have a little bit of Mother Nature inside.  I am getting to have a jungle in a dark storm cellar.  Go figure.  Thanks again for asking about my little planets.  I do enjoy sharing.  (Maybe a little too much.  Hehe.)

No comments: