Saturday, December 25, 2010

My Commercial Christmas

It is Christmas.  In my family, Christmas traditionally means we open lots of presents that we don’t need and play with them all day.  It’s great.  Santa still brings the presents.  We’re all well old enough to have known for years that “Santa” is actually our parents, but it’s still fun to keep up the act.  I think “Santa” enjoys it more that we ever have.  It’s kind of interesting that we keep up the act to humor our parents instead of the other way around.

lootxmas2010

This year, “Santa” gave me loads of presents that I didn’t really need, and some others (like my toolbox and rubber boots) that I really did need (my old rubber boots are totally rubbish and have holes in them).  I took the R/C truck I got outside for a drive earlier this evening, and the car lasted longer than I did.  It’s so cold out, my fingers froze and I couldn’t feel them anymore.  I’m not sure when I’ll get my Aerogarden out to use it. 

toolbox2010

I’m afraid my stupid cat will try to eat the plants unless I can find a place to put it that he won’t mess with it.  He doesn’t mess with my other plants, but there are some that I have had that he knocked off the shelves.  However, it would be awesome to have fresh herbs and veggies in the middle of winter.  I’ll have to figure out how I can rig it up in my closet. It would be kind of awesome to have a vegetable garden in my closet. 

I also must start watching more Alias.  “Santa” brought me the second and third seasons.  Watch out, twitter, I’m sure there will be ever more running involved.  And we all know that is my favorite part. 

Also, the Zhu Zhu pet “hamster ball” thing that I got (yes, I have a zhu zhu pet. no, you may not judge me.) does not work with my stupid hamster.  I’m gonna use one of the gift cards I got to buy a different one to see if it works better.  I know, I know, I do not need anymore worthless junk.  But, OMG, I love it.  Love. 

Anyway, along with getting my own stuff from “Santa” for Christmas, I got “Santa” presents they didn’t need, but that they loved.  I think everyone loved the gifts I gave them, and that was all that mattered to me, really.  This year I managed to get everyone something that they all especially wanted.  I felt like “Santa”. I’m pretty sure I know why “Santa” keeps getting us all loads of presents every year.  It’s pretty damn fun.

Anyway, with that in mind, I’ll send you off to bed.  Hope your Christmas was wonderful, and that you got loads of stuff you didn’t need.  I know I did. 

No comments: