Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Commercial Christmas: The Saga Continues

boxingday2010

Boxing Day is traditionally celebrated as a day of giving money/food/donating time to the needy.  It is currently celebrated in the commercial era, by the big chain stores putting all their Christmas items on super sale.  I celebrated boxing day by getting nearly all of next year’s Christmas presents for less than I spent on all of my Christmas presents this year (The above picture does not to the pile justice.).  The only problem I foresee with this is the storage of all the items until next year.  However, since I still live at home, it shouldn’t be much of an issue.  That is, after I get all of the bags and boxes out of my bedroom. 

(As a side note, I just found an app that turns my ipod touch into a wireless mouse/keyboard/controller for my computer  it’s kind of extra awesome.)

We also celebrated Commercial Christmas with my older brothers and sisters and their families today.  It was extra tiring, and I was mostly just happy to see them leave.  There are some people that less is more, and I hate saying that about my family, but when they are all together it is chaos.  Not in a good way.  However, it consoled myself by remembering that I already have their presents for next year, so there will be no stressing over getting their stuff done before they get here.  That is exciting.

Maybe next Christmas, I will celebrate in a more traditional manner to try that out, but I did enjoy my Commercial Christmas this year.

Now, my holidays are over and I’d better get to bed.  I’m already going to be a zombie at work tomorrow. 

No comments: