Saturday, December 18, 2010

Do you remember...

Going to roller skating parties in Jr. High?  I am almost positive that everyone experienced a Jr. High roller rink party. I had been living under the assumption that with the digital age roller rink parties had become a thing of the past. Something that my younger sister would never experience. 

However, I found myself proven wrong in that assumption this evening as I found myself participating in something I hadn't even thought about in years. The Jr. High roller rink birthday party. 

While I might have been the oldest person there by at least ten years, I had a blast. I skated. I hung out with my sister and her friends. And I realized my hopes of becoming a roller derby girl are probably a little fanciful. Especially since I had a hard time just standing on the skates. That's not to say I didn't pretend that the rink with it's columns and lumps and Christmas lights wasn't a roller derby track. You'd better believe I did. 

Aside from my daydreaming, I'm glad my little sister could participate in that old tradition, and I'm glad she's not too cool to keep me from sharing it. 


Sent from my iPod, Astronaut.

No comments: