Friday, December 18, 2015

My favorite books of 2015

I read a lot. As of this writing, I've finished 108 books this year, and I've probably got a couple more in me before the curtains close on 2015. In the grand tradition of book bloggers, I took to my list of books I read to bring you my five favorite books of the year. Plus, four books I read this year that I loved and wanted to be my favorites of the year, but they were published in previous years. Mostly, I just couldn't decide on five and made up a reason to have nine favorite books of the year. It's my list. No judgement.

Without further ado, here is Samantha’s top five books of 2015:

 

5. Of Noble Family by Mary Robinette Kowal, April 2015

4. Manners & Mutiny by Gail Carriger, November 2015

3. The Red-Rose Chain by Seanan McGuire, October 2015

2. H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald, March 2015

1. Uprooted by Naomi Novik, May 2015

 

Samantha’s top four books/series that were published prior to 2015:

 

4. The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters, August 2014

3. Hild: A Novel by Nicola Griffith, November 2013

2. Still Alice by Lisa Genova, October 2010

1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling, initially published June 1997

 

There was one other book that I really liked, but it was technically a novella, so it doesn't really fit in either list. It was exciting, inventive, and hilarious and I’d be remiss not to mention it. So, I'm awarding Matt Wallace’s Envy of Angels, October 2015 this year’s Miss Congeniality prize.

 

Happy reading! And here’s to another year of great books!

 

 

No comments: