Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Dinosaurs on the todo list...

I've dedicated the last couple of days to ticking things off of my todo list before I dive headlong into 2016. (I do realize that 2016 has already begun, but I also realize that the beginning of the year is totally arbitrary, so I've decided to start the year a week late. I do what I want.) I've paid bills, given my animals their monthly flea treatment (only a month late), figured out a running schedule, and some other boring stuff. Now I'm down to the entries I don't really understand. Case in point:

Write about dinosaurs

I haven the slightest clue what I meant when I wrote that. I know that I meant for it to be a blog post. Aside from that, no idea. Did I want to write a story about dinosaurs? Did I have something specific in mind? I don't know. However, in order to tick it off the list, I have to write something about dinosaurs. That's the whole point of this entry.

While I was outside earlier feeding and watering the horses, I was sitting on a stump thinking about dinosaurs and how Past Samantha demanded I write something about them. My biggest horse, Angel, came over to where I was sitting, stuck her head over the fence, and tried to pull my hat off my head. It made me wonder what it would be like to take care of dinosaurs. Can you imagine if my five horses one day turned into five dinosaurs? After I got over the shock of it, I'm not sure what I would do. Laugh. Run screaming. Who knows?

Hopefully, they would be herbivores. I don't want any pets that are going to eat me. I was wondering. Maybe they would be huge! I have no idea what you'd do to feed them. How many bales of hay would it take to feed a triceratops? Would I have to get a swimming pool sized water trough? Can dinosaurs be trained? Would they be more like cows than horses? I have one cow. It's pretty dumb. I would actually rather have a dinosaur than a cow. Actually, now I'm wondering what dinosaurs tasted like...

This is spiraling uncontrollably. I'm afraid this isn't what Past Samantha was going for, but it's what she gets. Luckily, she's not here to do anything about it, and now I can tick this off the list.

 

No comments: