Monday, March 11, 2013

I might have a case of the crazies.



I quit smoking in January. Once I decided to quit for realz, it stopped being an issue. I just don't smoke. I don't exactly know how that works, and I know that it doesn't work like that for most smokers, but for me, it just kind of happened that way. 

So that's one important thing that I've done this year. 

I started running in February. I am not exactly sure what possessed me to run, but it may have been a bit of the same divine intervention that made quitting smoking so easy. It is also entirely possible that I would hate to have paid money to participate in a Warrior Dash at the end of April and not actually participate. Whatever the reason, I started running in February, and just today finished a 2.25 mile run. Progress.

Running makes me feel... Really good. It hurts, and it's hard, but it makes me feel that I have accomplished something. I don't know anyone, aside from my faithful canine sidekick (the little one in the above picture), who ran 2.25 miles today. Running has also brought back the passion for life that I lost somewhere along the way. It is giving me something to work toward. I love it. 

I worry that running is going to be one of those things that I embrace for a minute, and then give up as quickly as I found a passion for it. I've been putting off blogging about it, because I don't want to lose it. Running is happiness. I found it. I don't want to lose it again.

November is the month of my first half marathon. Hopefully, 2014 will be the year of my first marathon, so I can prove that I haven't simply caught a case of the crazies.

No comments: