Thursday, March 14, 2013

Afraid of falling...

Don't get me wrong. I love my job. I like working there. I like the animals. I like the people. For the most part, I enjoy getting up to go to work every single day. I have worked there so long it's like my second home. 

At the same time, I hate my job. I hate that I work at a job in which the owners believe in super conservative principles. I hate that I end up feeling inadequate as an adult because I still live at home with my parents. I hate that I work at a part-time job that has no chance of upward mobility in a field that is not even anywhere in the neighborhood of what I spent SIX years learning in college. 

I suppose my problem is less with the job itself, and more with my situation in general.

At the same time, I am unable to do anything about it. I have no idea why, but I cannot bring myself to apply to ANY job. I currently have found seven jobs I am qualified for and interested in that are better paying full time jobs with benefits. I cannot apply for them.

It has to be fear. I know that I am scared of leaving my comfortable job and my comfortable family. I know I am scared. I need to take a leap. I need to take a leap and actually be the adult I want to be. I need to find a new job, and I need to get a new life.

No comments: