Monday, July 26, 2010

Odds ‘n’ ends…

Typically, I take pictures on my little phone camera on a fairly daily basis.  Almost everyday, I suppose is what I was trying to say.  Said pictures tend to stay stuck forever on my phone memory card, so I thought that I would have a little show and tell today.  Hopefully, no one minds. 

This first picture is of a gross locust I found today on a stump in the yard.  I haven’t seen many of these things actually alive.  Normally, you just see their skins after they have molted.  He’s kind of cute.  Smile

072500_1939[01]

Yesterday, I repotted my pineapple plant into the big brown container.  It’s grown a ton this summer because of all the humidity.  It’s turned into quite a rainforest around these parts.  The pineapples are going crazy.  I’m crossing my fingers that I will eventually get to harvest a pineapple.  It’s been years since I planted these two.

072500_1913[02]

Of course, my baby had to help me take pictures of the plants.  She pretty much insists on helping me do everything.  I don’t think you can tell in this picture, but we had to amputate one of her toenails the other day, so she’s been limping around a lot.  That doesn’t stop her from following me around. 

072500_1913[03]

The only reason I repotted my pineapple was because I bought this hella huge pot for my darling little rubber tree.  I’m hoping that eventually he will grow to fit the new digs. 

072300_2106[00]

Have you ever noticed that there is a sad face on every Swingline stapler you ever will see?  Why do they have to be so sad?

072300_1449[00]

This is my happy little Trooper’s new pen.  We built it for him last weekend, and he is like a real dog now.  You would hardly realize that he has major brain damage if you didn’t know it.  Unlike when he lived in the tiny old pen.  He love is new home. 

071900_1930[00]

Last, but not least, my dad brought these chips home the other day.  They are apparently the Texas version of Old English chips.  I’m going to hazard that there is something lost in translation.  But that’s only a guess.

071500_1857[00]

I know, I know, random… It’s the name of the game.

No comments: