Friday, January 8, 2010

Sometimes I wonder if I got into the wrong field of study...

Today, I read this article about writing fantasy novels, and it got me remembering my childhood dreams of being a writer.  I later read this blog post, and my dreams became more detailed and I started wondering why I don't write.  I always want to write, but I never actually do it.  That seems silly to me.  It's especially silly since I like to write.  All these aspirations of writing, led me to this Google search.  Granted, I made it to that search in a roundabout way. 

Eventually, I began thinking that maybe I should apply to a writer's workshop like Clarion.  I think I would be good at it.  I think first, though, I'll see if I can stick with actually writing for awhile.  Then... Who knows?  Maybe I'll decide that I like it.  Maybe I won't, but at least I will know.  You know?

Posted via email from almosthumanafterall's posterous

No comments: