Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Battle of Pea Ridge

This is what a Civil War battlefield looks like:



Today, I went on a class field trip to Pea Ridge. The trip was relatively uneventful, and my mini-speech for class went well. However, everyone in the class did a mini-speech, and many of the people decided to do a not-so-mini-speech, and that, unfortunately, is boring. Very very boring. At some points I wanted to poke my eyes out. I wish my professor would have just spoken the whole time. He's boring, but at least he's a decent speaker and he knows what he's talking about.

The trip down there was interesting though. I drove, and I had my friend do the navigating. But there was a mix up of some sort on Google's end, and we ended up going down this little country road (Wimpy Jones Road, for those of you keeping score) which was totally unneccessary and got us no where. Seriously. After driving down it for what seemed like forever, we ended up back on the highway we started from. It was really, really strange.

That's when I made her ask for directions. (Sometimes real people are better than Google.)

The trip was supposed to take just under two hours, but because of our minor setbacks (that is plural, because I only told you the funniest one) it took 2 and a half hours to get there. It was a good thing we left a half hour early.

Anyway, I got home this afternoon, and immediately fell asleep forever... We're talking a 5 hour nap (that was supposed to be only one hour), so now I'll probably be awake all night. Dumb.

This entry is going no where. I have nothing else to say.

These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

No comments: