Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I had an idea once…

The funny thing about ideas is that once you have one they tend to multiply… in a manner similar to bunnies.  I had this idea a few days ago, that if I gave myself a vague list to follow every day, I would be able to be productive.  The idea being that if I became productive again, I would stop being quite so depressed and maybe do something with my life. 

My daily list is a follows:

image

As you can see, they are vague enough tasks that I can easily complete them, but I’ve found that simply the act of doing something leads to other things.  For example, since I’ve been writing every day, I have had all kinds of crazy ideas for things to write, and it’s enjoyable, and I don’t just zone out in front of the television all evening and hate myself. 

Getting up early hasn’t really led to anything new.  It’s more of wishful thinking.  Also, it’s not really all that early.  I count that one a win if I get up 5 minutes before I usually do at 6:45.  I figure that eventually I can extend it and maybe make a morning person out of me.  Like I said, wishful thinking.  Ha. 

Anyway, so far I’m doing pretty good.  I’ve made myself a line graph on my calendar.  I get to make a line for every task I complete.  I’ve almost made it a week. 

image

I fell off my balance board today and onto my ass in the middle of the basement today.  Excitement, I tell you.  What could be better?

P.S. Tomorrow’s Thanksgiving.  Eat a turkey. 

No comments: