Friday, February 20, 2009

Vodka, Chrome, Ebay, and Rejection

I would like to make Skittles infused vodka as seen here: Skittles Vodka Tutorial. The only problem is that I'm not quite willing to spend thirty dollars for these cool glass flasks: Cool glass flasks. I will eventually convince myself that I need them, but it won't be for a couple of weeks at least. I'll update when I finally do get them and "taste the rainbow."

Speaking of vodka, I never found my Crystal Head Vodka. Those Californians are lucky. I'm super jealous.

Moving on... I decided to download Google Chrome again, to enable me to log into two separate Google accounts at the same time. I waited it out forever as I was sure that my beloved Firefox would eventually get an extension to do just that (they kind of had one with their IE Tab, but that doesn't seem to be working anymore), but they have yet to do it, and I got desperate. It's just a minor annoyance, but enough of an annoyance for me to finally do something about it. Google Chrome seems fine. It's no Firefox for sure, but it's alright.

Ebay news: I sold my broken iPod. The winning bid was for 30 dollars which is super exciting since I was only expecting it to go for 10 at the most, but the jackass buyer hasn't paid for it yet. Another one of those minor annoyances. He'd better pay it. It's the rules. I've yet to get my refund for the purchase I made that arrived broken. The chick that sold it to me is really starting to piss me off. She keeps telling me she will send it, but then doesn't do it. It's not like it takes any amount of time to send me money via Paypal, probably a minute at most. I got sob story the other day about how she'd been too busy. Did I mention that it would only take a minute? Soo annoying.

Last, but not least... two letters of rejection arrived in the mail for me yesterday. In a nutshell, Purdue "Unfortunately we are not able to offer you admission to our graduate program."; UW-Madison "I regret to inform you that the Department of History has not accepted your application for admission to the Graduate Program." That brings the grand total of rejection to three. I'm highly doubtful that any kind of doctoral program is in my immediate future. It's really disappointing. I blame it on the economy.

Now, I will try to write on my thesis; however, it seems so pointless if I am not going to be a doctor one day.

Does anyone have any preference as to what I sell next on ebay? I will get rich on ebay if I can't go to grad school. That's my response.

2 comments:

A. Stodart said...

Hi there,

I may be able to help you in your quest for Crystal Head. I work with Dan on Crystal Head and we are currently working to expand to new markets in both Canada and the US. If you tell me where you live (just the city or the state) I can tell you if and when it will be available in a liquor store near you.

Andrew

Kate Jones said...

Hey Andrew,

I see that you seem to get around the internet quite frequently spreading the joys of Crystal Head. The internets seem to think you are legit, so I'll throw you a bone. I'm located in Missouri. Any idea when the Crystal Head will be around these parts?

ntgytia