Friday, April 22, 2011

Audiobook Review: Behemoth written by Scott Westerfield and read by Alan Cumming

BehemothJacketsmall

It is that time of year in which my land is plagued by thunderstorms and severe weather.  While that is awesome in and of itself (sarcasm alert), it is also awesome because it means loads and loads of internet outages for me.  There is nothing worse than satellite internet.  Believe me.  Well, except dial-up, but lets not talk about that.  Lacking internet, I suppose I might just write a short audiobook review. 

Behemoth is the second book in Scott Westerfeld’s “Leviathan” trilogy.  Having recently read, and loved, the first novel of this trilogy, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book… or rather, ears on this audiobook.  Behemoth starts exactly where the first book left off, and Westerfeld expertly weaves steampunk together with an alternate version of the First World War. 

Alan Cumming returned as the voice of Westerfeld’s steampunk, war drama, and once again brought the story to life.  I cannot fault his narration, and again think that his ability to voice the various accents of the characters in Behemoth adds something that would be lost without his narration. 

I can’t say that this review is anything more than an extension of my review of Leviathan (which can be found here), and I can’t say that I’m not simply being a cheerleader for Team Westerfeld.  I am eagerly awaiting the final installation of Westerfeld’s trilogy in order to see how he concludes his version of the Great War.  Rah!

No comments: